Which of the following correctly describes connotation?
A. An implied meaning of word understood by language users
B. The pronunciation of a word
C. The meaning of a word that has never changed
D. A new word added to the dictionary
my answer is a.
The answers are mixed up for everyone so letters don't work for LA.
The correct answer is:
1. The feelings a word suggests
2. Its literal meaning
3. Similar denotation
Hope this helps
1. feeling suggested by word
2. imaginative meaning of word
3. obvious exaggeration
4. implied comparison without using like or as
5. a comparison between two unlike things using like or as
Which of the following is connotative?
A comparison between two words.
The fellings Suggested by word.
The literal meaning of a word
A more imaginative meaning of a word
1. the feeling or idea that a word suggests
2. the literal meaning of a word
3. a comparison between unlike things using like or as
4. a direct comparison that does not use like or as