Geometry Unit 7 Lesson 4 Medians and Altitudes
This has two parts. The first part is the practice, the second is the quick check.
Practice - 9 Questions
1. Which of the following will always pass through a vertex of a triangle?
Answers - Altitude, an angle bisector, and a median
2. Which of the following are always perpendicular to a side of a triangle?
Answers - an altitude and a perpendicular bisector of a side
3. Which of the following go through the midpoint of the side of a triangle?
Answers - A perpendicular bisector of a side and a median
4. Which of the following is the point of concurrency of the medians of a triangle?
Answer - The centroid
5. Find the coordinates of the orthocenter of ABC with vertices A(0,0), B(4,0), and C(4,2)
Answer - (4,0)
6. Find the coordinates of the orthocenter of ABC with vertices A(2,6), B(8,6), and C(6,2)
Answer - (6,4)
7. A centroid separates a median into two segments. Which of the following is the ratio of the length of the shorter segment to the length of the longer segment?
Answer - 1:2
8. Which type of triangle has the orthocenter on the exterior of the triangle?
Answer - Obtuse
9. Part A - In TUV, Y is the centroid.If YW=9, find TY and TW
Answer - TY= 18, TW= 27
Part B - In TUV, Y is the centroid. If VX= 9, find VY and YX.
Answer - VY= 6, YX= 3
Quick Check - 5 Questions
1. Z is the centroid of ABC. If AZ= 12, what is ZY?
Answer - 6
2. What is the best description of AB
Answer - Altitude
3. What is the best description of P?
Answer - Orthocenter
4. Which is an altitude of XYZ
Answer - AZ
5. Which is a median of XYZ
Answer - BX
100% Hope this helps!
No name is correct :D
thank you helped with my late work
thank u so much
1. A, D, E
2. A, B
3. B, E
9 Part A. C
9 Part B. A