Do you know the answers to social studies six a final exam
1. who was part of the assembly in ancient Athenian Democracy?
A. free adult males
B. adult males and females
C. all adult males
D. merchants and slaves
2. how did ancient greek gods influence greek culture
A. stories about them kept armies from going to war
B. stories about them brought many visitors to athens
C. stories about them explained natural occurrences
D. stories about them showed how art should be made
3. which of the following describes the work of hippocrates?
A. an educated guess about the natural world
B. open-ended questioning about important topics
C. step-by step methods of solving problems
D. an ethical code for practicing medicine
4. how did geography affect the culture of roman history?
A. mountains separated culture
B. rivers emphasized cultural differences
C. caves provided details about ancient paintings
D. deserts made building cities difficult
5. which part of roman society and government could hold the role of consul?
6. what is one reason the roman republic advanced into an empire?
A. its government was a strong dictatorship
B. it had powerful armies that fought at sea
C. the nearby tiber river allowed for trade
D. its location allowed for many crops to grow well
7. how was christianity spread throughout the roman empire?
A. through the teachings of Jesus's apostles
B. through the laws set out by the roman government
C. by leaders of the jewish religion
D. by city states that conquered rome
8. which contribution to culture did the romans make?
A. a theory about earth's place in the universe
B. the development of sports in high-paid gladiators
C. a theory that literature was meant only for romans
D. the development of several languages at once
1. A. free adult males
2. C. stories about them explained natural occurrences
3. D. an ethical code for practicing medicine
4. A. mountains separated culture
5. A. patricians
6. A. its government was a strong dictatorship
7. A. through the teachings of Jesus's apostles
8. B. the development of sports in high-paid gladiators
9. how was Byzantine art and architecture different from roman art and architecture?
A. it depicted royalty as subjects of art
B. it used columns in its architectural style
C. it depicted religious topics and subjects
D. it showed influences from persia and asian civilizations
10. what was a similarity between the maya and aztec civilizations?
A. both depended on orators to communicate
B. both had a complex written language
C. both carved large heads out of stone
D. both developed a calendar system
11. how did the inca depend on their environment to survive?
A. they moved into the amazon jungle
B. they farmed in terraces and mountains
C. they built large communities in the desert
D. they depended on rivers to feed crops
12. how did native americans of the great plains use bison?
A. to ride from place to place
B. to make food, clothing, and shelter
C. to help farm the land
D. to trade for money and land
13. how did trade impact the decline of ghana?
A. people of ghana were unable to successfully cross the saharan desert to trade
B. people relied too much on trade and not enough on creating their own goods
C. traders could not find goods that were valuable enough for successful trades
D. resources in the area were poor and could not be traded or sold
9. C. it depicted religious topics and subjects
10. D. both developed a calendar system
11. B. they farmed in terraces and mountains
12. B. to make food, clothing, and shelter
13. B. people relied too much on trade and not enough on creating their own goods
14. what impact did the practice of religion have the trans-saharan trade routes?
A. the use of arabic helped with communication on trade routes.
B. the practice of islam influenced many people to trade in west africa
C. christianity spread through west africa and influenced people to trade.
D. aftifacts specific to the jewish religion became dominant of songhai trade routes.
15. why is dance important to traditional african cultures?
A. it makes events such a births, marriages, and deaths.
B. it is more informative than traditional storytelling.
C. it is the only way to pass on proverbs to new generations
D. it is the main way that griots share traditions with people
16. why did the song dynasty establish civil service examinations?
A. it kept people from having to take part in the military
B. it kept too many people from doing the same jobs
C. it allowed people to be trained for complicated jobs before they started
D. it allowed people to be hired based on talent instead of sociak status.
14. B. the practice of islam influenced many people to trade in west africa
15. A. it makes events such a births, marriages, and deaths.
16. D. it allowed people to be hired based on talent instead of social status.
17. what Chinese invention came before Gutenberg's invention of the printing press in Germany in the 1400s?
A. wooden printing presses
B. reusable movable type
C. long paper rolls
D. books with hard bindings
18. which of the following is a requirement during the month-long religious celebration of Ramadan?
A. a pilgrimage to mecca
B. fasting for daybreak to sunset
C. praying eight times per day
D. reading the Koran in public places
19. what happened to the Sasanians when their empire fell in 651?
A. they came under Arab control
B. the Chinese gained control
C. the romans took over the empire
D. they were controlled by Ghana
20. where was Muslim culture spread through an through an increase in trade?
B. North America
C. South America
D. North Africa
17. B. reusable movable type
18. B. fasting from daybreak to sunset
19. A. they came under Arab control
20. D. North Africa