1. Which of the following describes a major difference between legislators at the federal and state levels? (1 point)
Many state legislators are appointed rather than elected.
Many state legislators do not live in the districts they represent.
Many state legislators were previously federal legislators.
Many state legislators do not work year-round.
Article IV. The people of this commonwealth have the sole and exclusive right of
governing themselves, as a free, sovereign, and independent state; and do, and forever
hereaer shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not, or may not hereaer,be by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in Congress assembled.
–Massachusetts state constitution, adopted 1870
Use the excerpt to answer the question.
2. Which description best explains the significance of this excerpt to the current government of Massachusetts? (1 point)
This excerpt is an example of a fundamental law of lasting importance that should not be changed.
This excerpt is an example of a statutory law that should be passed as an ordinary piece of legislation.
This excerpt is an example of a miscellaneous provision that no longer has any eect but has been lein the
This excerpt is an example of a preamble that has no legal force but describes the intent of the document.
3. What power do all current state constitutions grant to the state government? (1 point)
the power to hold recall elections
the power to nullify the laws of other states
the power to establish labor unions
the power to tax and borrow money
If you're tired of Reed's stupid lectures about how cheating is bad, here you go lol
civics unit 8 lesson 10 state and local governments unit test
last 3 questions are easy open-answer ones.
1. Many state legislators do not work year round. (D)
2. This excerpt is an example of a fundamental law of lasting importance that should not be changed. (A)
3. The power to tax and borrow money (D)
4. The imitative and referendum are most popular in the western United States. (D)
5. The police power (C)
6. They verify that lower state courts have acted appropriately (A)
7. Statutory law (D)
8. State governors have less authority and Fewer powers then the president since state governments divide executive power among several offices (B)
9. Secretary of State (D)
10. Commission Form (A)
11. Strong mayor-council form (C)
12. City governments need to plant city development by dividing the city into commercial, residential, industrial and other areas (C)
13. The state budget process is more organized with state governors and state legislatures sharing responsibility (C)
14. An income tax (C)
15. State and local governments spend about as much on public welfare as they do on public safety and hospitals put together (B)
16. he is performing a duty as head of the state by greeting a visiting official (D)
Rest of these are respons questions. Don’t cheat on these guys prove you don’t need someone else to do your work. Seriously.
Smarty will never read these thank yous sadly...Hopefully some good shiz happens to him as he has to me and others. 100% Baby
All those are correct, just took the thing 16/16
Smarty is correct- 100%!
There are 2 different test guys, smarty has many right and blank has the other test
Gosh you guys are the best! Im so happy this year of school is coming to a close. This flippin website has gotten me through so many pointless classes. God bless you all and remember Jesus loves you all <3
Lesson 10 unit 8
Have a amazing day : )