1.Antibiotics can be used to cure which of the following diseases? A) the flu B) mononucleosis C) strep throats D) hepatitis
2.Athlete's foot is caused by______. A) a fungus < my answer B)swimming pools C) bacteria D) a virus
3. Colds and the flu are spread through______. A) child birth B) sharing food or drink with an infected person C) blood transfusions D) nothing; colds and the flu are not contagious
4.Failing to properly wash cook utensils and food preparation surfaces can result in _______. A) cancer B) a noninfectious disease C) hepatitis B D) food poisoning
5.Noninfectious diseases_______. A) include colds and the flu B) are spread through sneezing C) includes athlete's foot D) include genetic disease
6.Disease that are inherited are examples of genetic disorders. True or False?
7.All diseases are contagious. True or False?
1. Strep Throat
3. Sharing a good or drink with an Infected person
4. Food poisoning
5. Include Genetic Disease
Good Job! ^~^
@ms.sue i need help
When you have some answers, we'll be glad to check them. Your text materials are hiding the answers, but you have to read them to find them.
1. A - no
2. A - yes
3. B - yes
4. D - yes
5. B - no
@ms.sue is 1.b or? 5.a? and is 6-7 correct?
1 and 5 are still wrong.
You have one or two errors in 6 and 7. But that's all I'll tell you. You're on your own now. Please do not post these questions again.
ANON IS 100 percent righttt thx
@Anon is 100% correct got me 100%
1. To determine which diseases antibiotics can be used to cure, we need to understand what antibiotics are. Antibiotics are medications that are designed to kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria. Therefore, they are not effective against viral infections.
Now, let's go through the options:
A) The flu - The flu is caused by a virus, so antibiotics are not effective. Incorrect answer.
B) Mononucleosis - Mononucleosis is also caused by a virus, so antibiotics are not effective. Incorrect answer.
C) Strep throat - Strep throat is caused by a bacterial infection, and antibiotics can be used to cure it. Correct answer.
D) Hepatitis - Hepatitis can be caused by different viruses, and antibiotics are not effective against viral infections. Incorrect answer.
Therefore, the correct answer is C) strep throats.
2. Athlete's foot is caused by a fungus. It is a fungal infection that affects the skin of the feet. Therefore, the correct answer is A) a fungus.
3. Colds and the flu are spread through various means. The most common mode of transmission is through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. Therefore, the correct answer is B) sharing food or drink with an infected person.
4. Failing to properly wash cook utensils and food preparation surfaces can result in food poisoning. Food poisoning occurs when food is contaminated with harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites, or toxins. Therefore, the correct answer is D) food poisoning.
5. Noninfectious diseases do not spread from person to person. They are not caused by pathogens, such as bacteria or viruses. Let's go through the options:
A) Includes colds and the flu - Cold and flu are caused by viruses and are thus infectious diseases. Incorrect answer.
B) Are spread through sneezing - Sneezing can spread infectious diseases, but noninfectious diseases are not spread this way. Incorrect answer.
C) Includes athlete's foot - Athlete's foot is caused by a fungus and is considered an infectious disease. Incorrect answer.
D) Include genetic disease - Genetic diseases are examples of noninfectious diseases since they are caused by genetic mutations. Correct answer.
Therefore, the correct answer is D) include genetic disease.
6. True. Diseases that are inherited are genetic disorders. Inherited diseases are caused by genetic variations that are passed down from parents to their offspring.
7. False. Not all diseases are contagious. There are infectious diseases that can be spread from person to person, but there are also noninfectious diseases that cannot be transmitted between individuals. Examples of noninfectious diseases include genetic disorders, autoimmune diseases, and certain types of cancer.