1. Which of The following provides the definition of a nation?
A. The Highest elected officials in a country
B. The are ruled by an independent government
C. A country with defined borders and foreign policy enforced by a military
D. A people with a shared history who live in a specific are under one government
2. How does the United Nations shape global affairs?
A. By using its power to control the actions of nations
B. By writing all treaties and diplomatic documents used by nations
C. By providing a way for nations to discuss global affairs and set goals
D. By regulating world economic activity
3. Which of the following best describes the purpose of the U.S. Constitution?
A. It restricts the rights of citizens
B. It outlines how the government should make laws
C. It establishes a national bank
D. It outlines basic rights for the people of all the nations of the world
4. Which of the following best contrasts limited and unlimited government?
A. Law restrict limited government, but not unlimited governments
B. Constitutions define unlimited government, but not in limited governments
C. Citizens vote in unlimited, but not in limited governments
D. Governments make laws in limited governments, but not in unlimited governments
In 2009, the U.S. congress passed a law that made it legal for people to file lawsuits about unequal pay at any time, no matter how long it had been since the unfair pay happened. Three years later, some lawmakers tried to pass a bill that required men and women to be paid the same, but a great deal of opposition emerged.
5. Which of the following between American ideals is best demonstrated by the scenario?
A. Business ownership and social equality
B. Diversity and immigration
C. Liberty and equality
D. Religious freedom and economic opportunity
6. How did the origin of the United States as a set of isolated colonies affect the U.S. political identity?
A. It created a need for cultural unity
B. It increased the value of self-reliance
C. It created a resentment of European culture
D. It increased the approval of native American culture
7. Why are there usually fewer civic responsibilities in a country with an unlimited government?
A. Citizens are excluded from the operation of government
B. Governments place lesser burdens on citizens to keep power
C. The lack of rights keep citizens from understanding politics
D. The absence of a constitution means there are no formal definitions of responsibilities
8. Which word most closely means civility?
9. How do federal system and the unitary system most differ?
A. The unitary system has many different levels of government, but the federal system does not
B. The federal system allows citizens to vote on leaders, but the unitary system does not
C. The unitary system gives all powers to the states, but the federal system divides powers
D. The federal system splits powers, but the unitary system gives most powers to the central government
10. What is the main job of the U.S. executive branch?
A. To enforce laws
B. To interpret laws
C. To repeal laws
D. To make laws
The correct answers are:
Trust me, I literally just did the civics practice.
The correct answers for 2020 Connexus students
1. D) a people with shared history who live in a specific area under one gov
2. C) by providing a way for nations to discuss global affairs and set goals
3. B) it outlines how the government should make laws
4. A) laws restrict limited governments, but not unlimited governments
5. A) business ownership and social inequality
6. B) it increased the value of self-reliance
7. A) citizens are excluded from the operation of government
8. A) respect
9. D) the federal system splits powers, but the unitary system gives most powers to the central government
10. A) to enforce laws
I got a 20 but these are the real answers:
1. A: To enforce laws
2. D: A people with shared history who live in a specific area
3. C: By providing a way for nations to discuss global affairs
4. B: It outlines how the government should make laws
5. A: Laws restrict limited governments but not unlimited governments
6. A: Business ownership and social equality
7. B: It increased the value of self-reliance
8. A: Citizens are excluded from the operation of government
9. A: Respect
10. D: The federal system splits powers, but the unitary system gives most
I swear 100% for 2020 Civics Practice
Goth angel sinner is right!!
Wow, you guys are better than any other people I have seen. They just get mad out of no where because Ms. Sue has a different personality. You guys are amazing at being nice :)
Goth Sinner is indeed right
Goth angel sinner is 100% correct! I got a 100% also ur name is so me lollll