Which of the following is not true about a hypothesis?
1) Previous knowledge can help support it.
2) It is a tentative explanation.
3) It can be proven to be false.
4) It must be testable to be useful.
5) It can be proven to be true.
I know for sure that 2 and 4 is not the answer. However, I found the statement that said [ Interestingly, no hypothesis can be proven true, because scientific thinking is open to future discoveries that may contradict today’s results.] <- this is what confusing me. Does this mean that it can be true or false, depends on the result at the end? Therefore, the answer is 1) Previous knowledge can help support it.??