why aren't Alaska and Hawaii considered part of the Continental U.S.?
Actually, it's probably more accurate to say that they are not part of the contiguous states.
Alaska is separated from Washington state by part of British Columbia, and Hawaii is out in the ocean.
Alaska is definitely part of the continent of North America. Hawaii is not part of any continent.
Confusing, yes? Sort of!
what were some of the things that lead to civilization after the ice age?
what was the social contract
Answer this Question
1. Who had The power to resolve the dispute between New Hampshire and New York regarding Vermont? No one Congress The state militias The continental army
- asked by Heav
- 27,602 views
Which features do most stratovolcanoes and cinder cone volcanoes have in common? violent eruptions and thin, flowing lava broad base with quiet eruptions steep sides and violent eruptions wide dome shape and thick lava Which statement identifies a major
- asked by Maria urgent
- 6,098 views
1. Along which features does seafloor spreading occur? A. fault lines B. mid-ocean ridges C. ocean basins D. ocean trenches 2. Which statement identifies a major reason for the subduction that helps to form volcanoes? A. the release of hot ash and steam in
- asked by Nijah
- 4,730 views
1. The oldest of Hawaii's volcanic islands are those that A.are on top of the hotspot. B.are a short distance past the hotspot. C.are the farthest distance from the hotspot. D. have not yet reached the hotspot. 2. 2. Which is caused by the difference in
- asked by Nijah
- 6,186 views
Why was Chandragupta Maurya's organization of his empire considered efficient? A. His severe punishments for crimes were considered normal. B. His taxes paid for a large army and his costly life style. C. His envoys were sent on missions to neighboring
- asked by Bri
- 7,083 views
16. You find out that two of your friends aren't speaking to each other. What would be a good first step to take to help them resolve their problem? a. decide which one of them is causing the problem b. find someone else to talk to them c. listen calmly as
- asked by Sid.V
- 1,383 views
Which of the following is not true about the Pacific Ring of Fire? a. It is an arc of intense seismic activity. b. It includes the northern edge of Alaska. c. It is a zone of frequent earthquakes. d. It is the result of plate tectonics.
- asked by Kaai97
- 3,268 views
Social Studies (Check Answers)
1. How might the Iroquois have been helpful in assisting the British troops in the surprise attack? A) the Iroquois likely had better knowledge of the area and could lead British troops through the woods*** B) the Iroquois likely had better knowledge of
- asked by I'mBatMan!
- 4,158 views
A map of Florida is an example of a(n) ________. *I researched this a little bit and I thought it might be peninsula. Can someone verify this for me please? There aren't any choices either.
- asked by Sam
- 826 views
You are driving through town at 12.0 m/s when suddenly a ball rolls out in front of you. You apply the brakes and begin decelerating at 3.7 m/s2 . part A=How far do you travel before stopping? part B= When you have traveled only half the distance in part
- asked by micheal
- 4,741 views
math :] 2
Is 14/3 a rational number? I think so... but I'm confused because if you divide 14 by 3 then the decimal part is .66666666666666666666667. Is that considered a repeating decimal? If it is, then it's a rational number. I'm just doubting because of the 7 at
- asked by LILY
- 1,782 views
Read the passage from “People Don’t Know When They’re Being Jerks.” Finding out took a Herculean effort and nine years of work. The researchers asked college students to spend time wearing audio recorders that would automatically activate every 9.5
- asked by annie
- 1,058 views
Jane claimed that a number is divisible by 4 if each of the last two digits is divisible by 4. Is this claim accurate? If not, how would you suggest that Jane change it to make it accurate?
- asked by Trudy
- 1,062 views
As part of their job, meteorologists use data to make weather predictions. How accurate are their predictions? What are other scenarios in which you would use data to make a prediction? How would you defend your prediction using data? can you please tell
- asked by Anonymous
- 3,223 views
ELA-HELP SOMEONE OR MRS.SUE PLEASE
A continental polar air mass moves into an area. Based on the characteristics of this type of air mass, which changes are most likely to happen in the area?(1 point) a. The temperature will decrease and humidity will decrease. b. The temperature will
- asked by HELP
- 3,083 views
What will most likely occur when two continental plates collide into each other
- asked by damari
- 3,336 views
Which layer is MOST responsible for the movement of continents? 1) the outer core 2) the asthenosphere 3) the mantle 4) the continental crust I think 2
- asked by Jamie Sperling
- 3,548 views
Which set of numbers is the most reasonable to describe the temperature in alaska during the winter? A. Integers B.whole numbers C. Irrational numbers D.natural numbers
- asked by Kawaii bear
- 2,168 views
1.A trench is associated with which plate boundaries. Oceanic-oceanic convergence, hot spot, divergent boundary, oceanic-continental convergence, continental-continental convergence. My answer is divergent boundary. Is this correct? 2. A rift valley
- asked by Camron
- 1,974 views
You shoot an arrow into the air. Two seconds later (2.00 s) the arrow has gone straight upward to a height of 30.0 m above its launch point part A:What was the arrow's initial speed?part B:How long did it take for the arrow to first reach a height of 15.0
- asked by ana22
- 9,365 views