Huck struggles to decide what he should do when his heart and his conscience pull him in different directions. He eventually decides to go with his heart.
* Write a short essay explaining why you agree or disagree that this was a good strategy for Huck to pursue.
* Look back through the book and find specific examples that may have swayed Huck in one direction or the other to support your arguments.
* Your essay should be at least two paragraphs long.
I do not understand what decision Huck made in the story, please help.
Doesn't his decision involve Jim?
Answer this Question
Blood is taken to the lungs to become oxygenated and returned to the heart before being pumped through the body. Which blood vessels carry blood away from the heart? elastic capillaries veins arteries*** Oxygen is taken into the body from the environment,
- asked by alexdell
There are three important benefits to the warm up session: (1 point) flexibility is increased, the muscle is pushed to its full potential, and the chance of dizziness or fainting caused by the pooling of blood in the extremities is reduced. aids in the
- asked by jess
1. The DECIDE Process helps you make important decisions. It is easy to remember because each of the letters in DECIDE represent one of the steps. What does the C represent? A. Choose to act wisely. B. Choose the best option. C. Consider all your choices.
- asked by Hello
1. A percentile rank represents the percentage of people who scored at or below the test score. True False 2. People who have high resting heart rates usually have high levels of cardiovascular fitness. True False 3. Resting heart rate is usually measured
- asked by Anonymous
You want to use a rope to pull a 12-kg box of books up a plane inclined 30∘ above the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.29. The rope pulls parallel to the incline. What force do you need to exert on the rope if you want to pull the box
- asked by Katie
Can somebody check my work?
Body Systems Hierarchy Quick Check What is the function of an organ system? (1 point) to control movement in internal organs to be a basic unit of organization with bodies** to work together to do a specific job to organize a group of similar cells Which
- asked by uhhhh
Health P.E. (Check answers)
1. The average heart beats about 100,000 times a day. Is it True? 2. The heart is located inside the ribcage and just to the right of the breast bone. Is it False? 3. The heart has four chambers and is divided into a right and left side by a muscular wall
- asked by Ember Lovet
To give a 20-kg child a ride, two teenagers pull on a 3.6-kg sled with ropes, as indicated in the figure. Both teenagers pull with a force of 55 N at an angle of 35 ∘ relative to the forward direction, which is the direction of motion. In addition, the
- asked by Anonymous
Two crewmen pull a boat through a lock, as shown in the figure. One crewman pulls with a force of F1 = 145 N at an angle of θ = 32° relative to the forward direction of the raft. The second crewman, on the opposite side of the lock, pulls at an angle of
- asked by Anonymous
Two people pull as hard as they can on ropes attached to a 200 kg boat. If they pull in the same direction, the boat has an acceleration of 1.44 m/s2 to the right. If they pull in opposite directions, the boat has an acceleration of 0.518 m/s2 to the left.
- asked by sean
1. A fable’s moral may be explicitly stated, or it may simply be implied. (1 point) A) independent clause B) adverbial clause C) adjectival clause D) noun clause 2. If you look at most cultures, you will find evidence of fables passed down through oral
- asked by Vi
In a phsics experiment, a 1.3 kg dynamics cart is placed on a ramp inclined at 25 degrees to the horizontal. the cart is initially at rest but is then pulled up the ramp with a force sensor. the force sensor exerts a force on the cart parallel to the ramp.
- asked by Lola
Science(Respiratory and Circulatory Systems)
What function do the alveoli perform? exchange oxygen in the blood for carbon dioxide carry oxygenated blood away from the heart hold receptors for the sense of smell exchange oxygen in the air for carbon dioxide *** Which organ of the respiratory system
- asked by Kastsuyama
Which list is an organ system?(1 point) the liver, the bladder, and the heart the heart, the stomach, and intestines *** the heart, arteries, and veins the liver, blood, and skin
- asked by Ido school on Connexus thanks
A) The average power output of the human heart is 1.33 watts. How much energy does the heart produce in a day? B) Compare the energy found in part (a) with the energy required to walk up a flight of stairs. Estimate the height a person could attain on a
- asked by RoCu
the heart is composed of how many loops
- asked by Elizabeth
Your coworker struggles with a task. You take it upon yourself to train your coworker how to effectively complete the task. Which ability does the following example represent? A:assertive B:persuasive C:systematic** I think it is systematic because it is
- asked by hunter
Question What is systemic circulation?(1 point) the path of blood as it moves from the heart throughout the body and back to the heart the path of blood as it moves from the heart throughout the body and back to the heart the path of blood between pharynx
- asked by SOICANFINDTHISLATERLLL
History / Social Studies
Give one reason why a European country might decide to join the European Union. Give another reason why a country might decide not to join. ESSAY
- asked by Nawtu
You decide you are going to make more responsible health decisions. Which of the following risk factors can you control? A. there is a history of heart disease in your family. B. there is a higher incidence of high blood pressure in your ethnic group. C.
- asked by lily