when does a person or family become American?
If you mean a United States citizen, either at birth (in the USA or abroad to at least one USA citizen parent), or when "naturalized" by having a certain period of legal residency, applying, passing an examination and taking an oath.
Would our economy be better or worse off if we went back to the type of economy the United States had in the late 19th Century?
What was president George WAShington's adivce on Froeing Policy?
When they are born in America.
It's quite obvious.
If they are not foreigners, at least.
Answer this Question
1. How does one become a citizen? Select all that apply A) A person is born in the united states. B) A person of foreign birth is granted citizenship after living in the u.s. for five years C) A person of foreign birth successfully completes the
- asked by gumball waterson CHECK MY ASWERS
- 21,872 views
1. Which statement best describes nations? Nations must follow the laws set by the United Nations. Nations have less political power than do regional organizations. Nations interact almost exclusively with other nations in their region, Nations have
- asked by GSMC
- 17,222 views
Check my answers please! 1. Which of the following statements about American Romanticism is nottrue? (1 point) Romanticism in American literature stemmed from Romanticism in British literature.*** Romanticism valued imagination and emotion over reason and
- asked by Rach
- 16,312 views
1. Drag and drop the events to arrange them from the event that occured first to the event that occured last. 3.Colonial leaders sign the Declaration of Independence. 2.British soldiers and American colonists clash in Massachusetts. 1.The members of the
- asked by brandon
- 22,895 views
-Which of the following excerpts from Article I of the Constitution reflects the results of the Great Compromise? A)"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their
- asked by Ella :)
- 4,336 views
1. In which of the following areas is there a large concentration of American Indian and First Nations peoples? A. the interior west of the United States and Canada B. the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of the United States and Canada--------- C. the Great
- asked by donny
- 17,032 views
In which of the following industries are the majority of jobs in the United States and Canada found? 1. A. service------- B. education C. healthcare D. tourism 2. Which role does the government play in the economies of the United States and Canada? A. The
- asked by len
- 16,799 views
1. ) Melissa is from Australia and is planning to visit Georgia during an upcoming family vacation. All she knows is that Georgia is located in the United States of America. Which of the following responses would best explain Georgia's location to Melissa?
- asked by Bradley
- 3,234 views
Which of the following statements best summarizes Washington’s viewpoint on American foreign policy? (1 point) The United States can take advantage of Europe’s ambition. The United States should limit interaction with Europe to commerce, or trade.
- asked by .
- 4,096 views
1. Drag and drop the sentences into the correct boxes. A person moves from Canada to the United States to attend college.-- immigration A person moves from Southern Canada to Northern Canada for a job.---Interior Migration A person moves from England to
- asked by damario
- 4,663 views
1. Naturalization is a legal process by which a person? 2. Which of the following is a responsibility of U.S. citizens? A. running for public office B. worshiping freely C. serving on a jury
- asked by ss
- 10,290 views
1) if you choose to become a diplomat after college which of the following will be you primary job? A) organizing military operations involving two or more countries B) promoting a friendly and open relationship with another government C) determining
- asked by ??????
- 6,787 views
Drag the word to the correct characteristic. Words may be used more than once. Roman Republic United state Roman republic and united states Woman Can Vote: Roman Republic and United states Representative democracy: Roman Republic Government structured by a
- asked by Connnexus Gurl
- 1,409 views
When Adams became President, the war between the French and British was causing great difficulties for the United States on the high seas and intense partisanship [taking of sides] among contending factions within the Nation. His administration focused on
- asked by School Helper
- 1,503 views
Which of the following are requirements for naturalization in the United States? Select the two correct answers. A.**** take and pass an exam B. own a business in the United States C. **** be at least 18 years old D. have a high school diploma E. have a
- asked by Frankie Gains
- 2,796 views
What was Hamilton’s main purpose in proposing a protective tariff? A. To support american business B. To raise money for the government C. To make the North stronger than the South D. To provide funds for the bank of the United States Connections
- asked by Anonymous
- 3,827 views
1. In which of the following industries are the majority of jobs in the United States and Canada found? A. Service B. Education** C. Healthcare D. Tourism 2. Which role does the government play in the economies of the United States and Canada? A. The
- asked by BTS
- 2,776 views
I am having trouble with this homework question ,
Here is the probability model for the blood type of a randomly chosen person in the United States. Blood type O A B AB Probability 0.53 0.21 0.03 0.23 What is the probability that a randomly chosen American does not have type O blood? % Round to the
- asked by Amanda
- 2,468 views
1. How did Zimmermann Note lead the United States closer to War? A. It caused the United States to end diplomatic relations with Germany B. It resulted in more U-boat attacks on American ships C. It increased American public opinion against Germany. D. It
- asked by EmberShy
- 17,454 views
1. How do the governments and economies of foreign nations influence and affect the United States? 2. What challenges do nontraditional economies, natural disasters, and emerging democracies pose for the United States government?
- asked by Bob
- 620 views