• Review Appendix D.
• Open the Scientific Method Web site.
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of the Web site to choose a hypothesis and prediction about growing plants.
• Click on Do the Experiment. The results of the experiment you chose will appear.
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes how you would conduct the experiment for your chosen hypothesis:
o Include an example of how you have used the scientific method in a real-life situation.
o Explain each step of the scientific method as it applies to your Web experiment and your real-life example. Your paper must include two explanations of the scientific method.
• Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
• Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
Now I have everything I need to do, I just don't understand what I am supposed to do where it says I must include two explanations of the scientific method. Can someone help me clarify this???
Could these be two explanations?
~~The scientific method as applied during a science class/lab/experiment.
~~The scientific method as applied to a "real-life example."
I am not sure, that is what I am asking. My experiment is to explain why plants grown indoor always seem to grow towards the light. So I have 3 plants on the left side of the light and 3 plants on the right side of the light.
With the real life example I am planning on using sunflowers and how they always face towards the sun.
I am not sure if this is correct or if I am understanding this assignment correctly. If I can't get it I will turn it in late and just ask my teacher for help but I don't want to lose points at the same time.