- British Literature
Hello. Can someone help me with scanning a poem?
1. A. Scan the following lines from Mary, Lady Chudleigh's poem "To the Ladies". Mark the syllables, separate the feet with short vertical lines, and indicate the rhyme scheme
Him still serve, him still obey, ____
And nothing act, and nothing say, ____
But what haughty lord thinks fit, ____
Who with the power, has all the wit. ___
1. B. What is the meter of these four lines?
Because the ending lines are "obey, say, fit, and wit", the rhyme scheme could be AABB or BBAA. But I'm not very good at this kind of stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Answer this Question
1.Read the following lines from the poem "At the Tourist Centre in Boston" is this a manufactured hallucination, a cynical fiction, a lure for export only? Which of the following words best describes the speaker's tone?
What is the relationship between two lines whose slopes are −7 and 1/7? a) The lines are parallel to each other b) The lines are mirror images of each other, reflected over the x-axis c) The lines always cross at the origin. d) The lines are mirror
1. Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? (1 point) Repeated sounds across lines of poetry a poem's cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum A collection of lines in a poem The regular of irregular rhyme scheme in a poem 2. Which of the following
1. In “At the Tourist Centre in Boston,” the speaker's tone can best be identified as (1 point) disapproving. downcast. enraged. sarcastic. 2. Which line from the poem best supports the tone identified above? (1 point) "the green of the trees dulled;"
Which definition below best describes the definition of theme within poetry? A. It is the pattern of rhyming lines within a poem. B. It is the underlying message that a poem conveys. C. It is the pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a poem. D.
Examine the two distinct lines defined by the following two equations in slope-intercept form. line ℓ: y=34x+6 line k: y=34x−7 Are lines ℓ and k parallel? Justify your response. 1.Yes, lines ℓ and k are parallel because their slopes are equal.
1. Write the following reversible as a biconditional: If two perpendicular lines intersect, they form four 90* angles. A) Two intersecting lines are perpendicular if and only if they form four 90* angles. B) Two intersecting, perpendicular lines do not
PLEASE HELP I AM ON A GEO EXAM. Line f has a slope of −6/3, and line g has a slope of −8/4. What can be determined about distinct lines f and g? A. The lines have proportional slopes. B. The lines will intersect. C. The lines are parallel. D. Nothing
Read the lines from the poem “My First Memory (of Librarians).” In the foyer up four steps a semicircular desk presided To the left side a card catalog On the right newspapers draped over what looked like a quilt rack Magazines face out from the wall
Read the following lines from Edgar Allan Poe‘s poem the raven suddenly there came a tapping as of someone gently rapping rapping at my chamber door which poetic device does Poe use in these lines. Consonance Hyperbole Metaphor Onomatopoeia