For each event, illustrate the impact on the relevant United States market and determine what will happen to the equilibrium price and quantity in that market. I have 2 demand and supply graphs, the first one is for 3 of them and the second is for the last one. I just need someone to tell me if
my answers are right, my answers have a star beside them.
a)Increased popularity among high protein diets.
***Demand curve shifts to the right:Increase in equilibrium price and quantity.
b)Ban on Canadian imports of beef(We are in a US market.
***Supply curve shifts to the left:Increase in Price and decrease in quantity.
c)Persistent drought increases the price of grain feed to cattle.
***Supply curve shifts to the left: Increase in Price and decrease in quantity.
d)Incomes of ranchers increase.(Use Second Graph)
***Demand curve shifts to the right:Increase in Price and quantity.
Are these answers correct??
Think about d) a bit more. Why does the demand curve shift? Ranchers income rises so demand for beef by ranchers rises, ergo overall demand shifts right. So your answer is fine.
But, is there a supply response? I suggest that increasing income of ranchers will cause other ag folks to re-think their product mix. That is, more people will become attracted to ranching, shifting the supply of beef outward.
Sorry, forgot to say your answers to a,b, and c are correct.
. For each event, illustrate the impact on the relevant market and determine what will happen to the equilibrium price and quantity in that market. (40 points – 10 points per line item)
Show which curve shifts
Equilibrium price rise or fall?
Equilibrium quantity increase or decrease?
Economic growth is expected to improve in the next two quarters.
Plastics production capacity has increased.
The Japanese government has decided to subsidize its domestic automobile producers with stimulus money.
Manufacturers who use plastic as an input have access to cheaper plastic.
Manufactured goods that use plastic as an input
2. Use the information below of Labor to Total Product (TP) to answer questions A, B, and C. (60 points)
(pairs of shoes)
A. Given the information above, what is the marginal product of the third unit of labor?
B. Given the information above, at what point do diminishing marginal returns set in?
C. Given the information above, at what point do negative marginal returns set in?
Answer this Question
1. In which of the following areas is there a large concentration of American Indian and First Nations peoples? A. the interior west of the United States and Canada B. the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of the United States and Canada--------- C. the Great
1. Which statement best describes nations? Nations must follow the laws set by the United Nations. Nations have less political power than do regional organizations. Nations interact almost exclusively with other nations in their region, Nations have
1. Drag and drop the sentences into the correct boxes. A person moves from Canada to the United States to attend college.-- immigration A person moves from Southern Canada to Northern Canada for a job.---Interior Migration A person moves from England to
In which of the following industries are the majority of jobs in the United States and Canada found? 1. A. service------- B. education C. healthcare D. tourism 2. Which role does the government play in the economies of the United States and Canada? A. The
1. Drag and drop the events to arrange them from the event that occured first to the event that occured last. 3.Colonial leaders sign the Declaration of Independence. 2.British soldiers and American colonists clash in Massachusetts. 1.The members of the
1. Naturalization is a legal process by which a person? 2. Which of the following is a responsibility of U.S. citizens? A. running for public office B. worshiping freely C. serving on a jury
Which of the following describes the path to independence of Canada and the United States? A. Canada engaged in a war for independence while the United States did not. B. Canada was granted independence from the British prior to the United States. C. After
Check my answers please! 1. Which of the following statements about American Romanticism is nottrue? (1 point) Romanticism in American literature stemmed from Romanticism in British literature.*** Romanticism valued imagination and emotion over reason and
Which of the following statements best summarizes Washington’s viewpoint on American foreign policy? (1 point) The United States can take advantage of Europe’s ambition. The United States should limit interaction with Europe to commerce, or trade.
1. How were the Greeks able to defeat the Persians? A. The Persian army and navy were too weak to win. B. The Spartans fought alone without the help of Athens. C. Sparta and Athens came together to defeat the Persians. D. Athens fought alone without the
Arrange the events that led to the end of the American Revolution in order. Place the first event at the top. 1. Patriot and French forces blockaded and besieged Yorktown. 2. The British captured Savannah and Charleston. 3. Officials from Britain and the
Which of the following phrases does NOT appear in the Declaration of Independence? ( A life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness B all men are created equal C these Colonies are, and of right ought D to be, free and independent states we the people of
A bond issued by the U.S. Treasury with a maturity of 90 days is sold on the ____. a.) secondary market b.) primary market c.) capital market d.) money market
Why was the bombing of Pearl Harbor a turning point in World War II? A)Immediately after Pearl Harbor, the Japanese surrendered. B)The Germans simultaneously bombed the United States. C)Before this event, the United States had not declared war. D)The
Combine these two simple sentences into a complex sentence. Many industrialized nations use the metric system. The United States refuses to adopt it. A. Although many industrialized nations use the metric system, the United States refuses to adopt it. B.
-Which of the following excerpts from Article I of the Constitution reflects the results of the Great Compromise? A)"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their
What is the difference between a barbecue from the United States and an asado from spanish speaking countries? Write your answer in english. i know what to write for the united states barbecue but what do i write for the spanish
Here are two more problems I have for homework tonight. I have gotten answers, but I used "guess-and-check" and could not find an equation like I am supposed to. If you answer, please tell me if my answer is correct, walk me through your way of solving it,
social studies 8th
1. Which of the following was a cause of the Great Depression? (Choose all that apply.) (3 points) the Stock Market Crash of 1929 Prohibition Failed crops and drought A lack of demand for goods 2. What was the impact of the boll weevil? (Choose all that
since the stock market began in 1872, stock prices have risen in about 73% of the years. Assuming that market performance is independent from year to year, what's the probability that a) the market will rise 3 consecutive years? b) the market will rise 3