I need help writing a biography on John D. Rockefeller. I don't know much about him, but every time I search under his name I come up with a really complicated, long biography. I just need some information that a sixth grader can understand. Thanks for any help!
These sites should prove helpful.
This site was put together by elementary school students. It has a wealth of information.
To write a biography on John D. Rockefeller in a simplified manner for a sixth grader, you can follow these steps:
1. Start by gathering basic facts about John D. Rockefeller. You can find this information on reliable websites like Wikipedia or the Rockefeller University website.
2. Begin with an introduction to John D. Rockefeller. Describe who he was and why he is famous. For example, you can mention that he was a business tycoon and philanthropist who made a lot of money in the oil industry.
3. Provide a timeline of his life. Include important dates and events such as his birth date, major accomplishments, and any significant personal or historical events that took place during his lifetime.
4. Mention his early life and upbringing. Discuss where he was born, his family background, and how he got interested in the oil industry.
5. Explain his business ventures and success. Talk about how he built his oil empire, including founding the Standard Oil Company and his strategies for dominating the oil industry.
6. Discuss his philanthropic efforts. Explain how he used his money to support various causes, such as education, medicine, and scientific research.
7. Summarize his legacy. Discuss how he is remembered today and the impact he had on society and the business world.
Remember to use simple language and explain any complex terms or concepts in a way that a sixth grader can easily understand. Double-check the accuracy of your information by cross-referencing multiple sources.