Ask questions and get helpful answers.

What is the mathematical name for the repeating bar that we place over the repetend?

This is the term given in the Oxford English dictionary: vinculum.
But I seriously doubt many mathematicians would know this Bob.
All I've ever heard it called is: that horizontal bar over the repeating part.

  1. 👍
  2. 👎
  3. 👁
  4. ℹ️
  5. 🚩

Answer this Question

Related Questions

Still need help?

You can ask a new question or browse existing questions.