25% of the animals at a pet shop are rabbits. If there are 12 rabbits at the shop, then how many animals are there altogether

1 answer

  1. We know that 25% of the animals are rabbits, which means that the rest of the animals (75%) are not rabbits.

    Let's use X to represent the total number of animals at the pet shop.

    If 25% of X are rabbits, we can write a proportion:

    25/100 = 12/X

    To solve for X, we can cross-multiply:

    25X = 1200

    Therefore, X = 48

    So there are 48 animals altogether at the pet shop.

Answer this Question

Still need help?

You can ask a new question or browse more Math questions.