1. Which type of cell has a life span of four days?
A.colon - correct
2. Why do heart cells have different characteristics than skin cells?
A.Heart cells express different genes than skin cells. - correct
B.Heart cells reproduce by mitosis
C.Heart cells have different DNA than skin cells.
D.Heart cells reproduce by cell differentiation.
3. Which change would likely result from proliferation?
A.an organism's cells multiply once adding mass to the organism
B.an organism's cells divide many times adding mass to the organism
C.an organism's cells divide once adding mass to the organism
D.an organism's cells multiply many times adding mass to the organism - correct
4. Which of the following is true about cell differentiation when the body tries to heal from an injury?
A. Stem cells differentiate to provide specialized cells that replace damaged tissue. - correct
B.Cells grow during the synthesis phase of the cell cycle in preparation for senescence.
C. Damaged cells proliferate until the wound heals.
D. Platelets express different sections of RNA in order to create skin cells.
5. What part of the chromosome is used for protection during cell division and was studied in connection to senescence?
A. Daughter cell
D. telomere - correct
1. A - Colon
2. A.Heart cells express different genes than skin cells.
3. D.an organism's cells multiply many times adding mass to the organism
4. A. Stem cells differentiate to provide specialized cells that replace damaged tissue.
5. D. telomere