How do you factor out the greatest common factor?
1. In the coefficients look for the largest number which evenly divides into all the coefficients of the given terms
2. Variables must have the same base, the greatest common factor is the one with the lowest exponent, eg in #3 it would be m^2
3. Place the coefficients and higest common factor variables out front, follow that with a bracket, and divide all given terms by your greatest common factor then placing the individual answers inside the bracket.
4. The number of terms inside the bracket must match the number of terms your started with.
5. Always test your answer by mentally expanding your final expression to get the original question.
your solution for #3 is
12m^2(2m^6 + 4m^3 - 3)
Answer this Question
By what factor does the rate change in each of the following cases (assuming constant temperature)? Factor (enter as decimal if
John's approval rating is an average based upon 4 categories. What is his overall weighted rating if the following is true? Category 1= 450 points weight factor 1 Category 2= 475 points weight factor 2 Category 3= 500 points weight factor 1 Category 4= 400
Rewrite the expression: 24 + 16 using the greatest common factor and the sum of the remaining numbers.
Byron wants to use the distributive property to rewrite the addition problem shown so that the numbers left in the parentheses have no common factor except 1. (48 + 36) Which is an equivalent expression that has numbers in the parentheses whose only common
1. What is an agreement that is entered into with an evil purpose in order to commit the crime of conspiracy? A. Non-motives Doctrine B. Felony motives Doctrine C. Corrupt Motives Doctrine D. None of the above i'm confused between C and D 2. If Fred and
a survey of 10 film historians, half voted for Nosferatu as the greatest vampire film ever made, and the other half voted for Dracula. However, when asked which lead vampire character they considered more charismatic, all of the film critics chose Dracula
2 men are fishing from small boats located 36m apart. Waves pass through the water, & each man's boat bobs up & down 15 times in 75s. At a time when 1 boat is on a crest, the other 1 is in a trough, & there is 1 crest between the 2 boats. f=15/75=.2Hz
What is the greatest prime factor of 3105?
Apply the distributive property to factor out the greatest common factor. 16+36
I need help with this problem. What is the Greatest common factor of 12x^2 and 9x?