The water in a beaker has a mass of 18g. Electricity is passed through the water for two hours. Afterward the water has a mass of only 16g. What happened to the missing mass?

The water heated up due to the electrical current going through it, and some of it evaporated. This is probably not a case of electrloysis (separation into H2 and O2). That requires a special apparatus.

1 answer

  1. The water heated up due to the electrical current going through it, and some of it evaporated

Answer this Question

Still need help?

You can ask a new question or browse more Science questions.