Which explains how the Cold War affected politics in Nicaragua in the 1980s?
A- The country was blockaded by NATO because of its alliance with the Soviet Union.
B- The United States armed Nicaraguan Contras against the Socialist government in a civil war.
C- The Soviet Union invaded Nicaragua to prop up a failing Socialist government.
D- The Chinese government provided financial aid to Nicaragua to extend its sphere of influence.
The answer is B. I just took the test
Answer this Question
1. When did most nations in Southeast Asia gain independence from European powers? A. after the Cold War B.during the Japanese occupation C.before World War II D.during the Vietnam War* 2. Drag and drop events in Indochina leading up to the Vietnam War.
- asked by Peedy
- 13,833 views
Which of the following statements explains why the Aztec continually waged war? The Aztec needed prisoners of war to work the land. The Aztec needed more people to help build their pyramids. Th Aztecs needed prisoners of war for religious sacrifice.* The
- asked by Joe
- 5,165 views
Social Studies (Check Answers)
1. What is the basic independent unit of world politics? A) country B) province C) nation**** D) organization 2. Which of the following groups is an example of the basic unit you selected in the previous question? A) people who share a common language B)
- asked by Batman
- 18,452 views
which of the following was one way different regions of the the country agreed? A. support of slavery B. support for the war of 1812 C. support for foreign policies D. support of economic stability i think its B. am i right?
- asked by awsome
- 22,357 views
In An Inconvenient Truth Earth is called the Goldilocks planet because A) The sun is at a balanced distance B) It has a significant wildfire population C) It's neither too hot or too cold for life D) The mineral content, especially cold and gold. I think
- asked by Dude
- 6,064 views
1. Drag and drop the sentences into the correct boxes. A person moves from Canada to the United States to attend college.-- immigration A person moves from Southern Canada to Northern Canada for a job.---Interior Migration A person moves from England to
- asked by damario
- 4,631 views
A student tracks the daily weather. The student’s observations are logged in the table. Which factor in the atmosphere best explains the student’s observations? (1 point) A cold front moved into the area. High levels of moisture are contained within an
- asked by Anonymous
- 8,352 views
In the late 1900s, conflict broke out in Central American countries such as Guatemala and Nicaragua as people fought to overthrow ... A.colonial rulers B.dictatorships C.monarchies D.liberal governments
- asked by Kate
- 11,075 views
Which of the following are the main factors that led to World War I? Select the two correct answers. A. the rise of fascism in some European countries B. the invention of nuclear weapons and disagreement over their use** C. the assassination of Archduke
- asked by name
- 4,312 views
What fact best explains why it is significant that Angelou's narrative is set in 1940? In 1940, the United States was not yet involved in World War II. In 1940, segregation of blacks and whites was still the norm. In 1940, most high school students did not
- asked by Jack
- 17,037 views
1. Which of these is an example of a monetary incentive? * A. Having fun walking a dog B. Making friends on a sports team C. learning a new skill by studying it D. earning an allowance for doing chores******* 2. A country has an economic boom and can
- asked by Correct ✅
- 3,340 views
"With the existing colonies or dependencies of any European power we have not interfered and shall not interfere....Our policy in regard to Europe...Remains the same, which is, not to interfere in the internal concern of any of its powers..." 1) Which
- asked by Juliet
- 6,089 views
When a chemical cold pack is activated, a chemical reaction occurs that causes the pack to feel cold. - Describe the transfer of energy betwen a cold pack and the air around it.
- asked by Anonymous
- 4,601 views
What factor most explains why the majority of Russians live in the western part of the country? A. government regulations B. climate C. language D. natural resources***
- asked by MarinadedBread
- 9,962 views
How did the south's economic and social problems after the war contribute to it's political problems? A) The Southwest to economically damage for politics B) with many newly freed men a new politicians it was unclear how the South would run state
- asked by Moose
- 29,711 views
Which of the following were characteristics of ancient Greek literature? Select all that apply. A. Epic poems reflected the belief that the Gods controlled humans' lives. B. Lyric poetry was sung about topics like war, politics, and emotions. C. The chorus
- asked by Rosie Lisette
- 15,155 views
Which sentence best describes How the process of the westward expansion affected American political culture? A-The need for labor led to the abolition of slavery and increased respect for personal liberty B-The concept of expansion led to an accepting
- asked by Help please
- 3,289 views
3. The organizational pattern of the Gettysburg Address is (1 point) Problem and solution, because Lincoln explains what is necessary to win the Civil War. Compare and contrast, because Lincoln compares the soldiers at war with the ones who died.
- asked by Fading
- 3,618 views
Identify the sentence that is punctuated correctly. A. Boston, Massachusetts played an important role in American history and politics. B. Boston, Massachusetts played an important role, in American history and politics. C. Boston, Massachusetts, played an
- asked by Angela
- 4,018 views
When people drink alcohol beverages their? A:judgement and coordination are not affected B:coordination is affected before their judgement C:coordination and judgement is affected at the same time. D:judgement is affected before their coordination***
- asked by Marylyn
- 3,361 views