1. The sum of a number and 2 is 6 less than twice that number.
2. A rectangular garden has a width that is 8 feet less than twice the length. Find the dimensions if the perimeter is 20 feet.
3. Complementary angles sum up to equal 90 degrees. Find the measure of each angle in the figure below. Note that since the angles make up a right angle, they are complementary to each other.
angle #1 = x = ?
angle #2 = X + 30 = ?
4. Six times a number is less than 72. What numbers satisfy this condition?
5. A number increased by 10 is greater than 50. What numbers satisfy this condition?
6. A number decreased by 15 is less than 35. What numbers satisfy this condition?
7. Twice a number, increased by 6, is less than 48. What numbers satisfy this condition?
8. Five times a number, decreased by 24, is greater than 3 times the number. What numbers satisfy this condition?
9. Five times the difference of a number and two is seven more than that number.
10. Twice a number decreased by four is greater than ten, what numbers satisfy this condition?
11. Twice a number decreased by two is equivalent to than number increased by five.
12. One number is five more than another number and the sum of the two numbers is 55, what are the numbers?
Nice simple test, but you don't supply any answers or any work that can
I will do one of them:
"another number" ---- x
"one number" ----- x+5
x + x+5 = 55