1)Which of the following is NOT a true property of water?
A-Water is a good solvent dissolving a wide variety of substances.
B-Water has a high ice density allowing ice to sink when present with liquid water.
C-Water has strong cohesion allowing it to bead up on a surface rather than disperse.
D-Water has a high heat capacity allowing it to absorb a great deal of heat with little rise in temperature.
3. Which of the following is responsible for lowering the activation energy required for a chemical reaction?
What type of bonds form between molecules of water to aid in cohesion?
5. A solution is found to be a strong base. Which of the following would be true?
A-The solution has a higher concentration of hydroxide ions than hydrogen ions.
B-The solution has a lower concentration of hydroxide ions than hydrogen ions.
C-The solution has equal concentrations of hydroxide ions and hydrogen ions.
Which of the following is a property of water that allows for it to be easily attracted to solid materials such as glass?
List all of the following actions that a living thing must be able to carry out.
A-interact with their environment
B-obtain and use materials for energy
C-maintain a stable internal environment
D-grow and develop
Please help me.
What are your guesses for all of them?
Are thoses right ⚡-flash
I'm not sure, I'm trying to figure out now.
Answer this Question
When salt dissolves completely into water, which term is used to describe the water? solvent concentration solute solution Does anyone have the whole test for solutions, acids, and bases unit test?
- asked by Can some please assist??
- 3,812 views
We performed a lab that studied osmosis in potato cells. We put cylinders of potato into varying molar Sucrose solutions and after recording different types of data were able to find the osmotic and water potential of the sucrose solution and potato cells.
- asked by Jessie
- 8,189 views
The true conditional statement "If 1/2 (m
- asked by sammy
- 5,281 views
the solubility of a compound is 59g per 100 mL in boiling methanol and 30g per 100mL in cold methanol, whereas its solubility in water is 7.2g per 100 mL at 95 C and .22g per 100mL at 2C. Which solvent would be better for recrystallization of the compound?
- asked by Jason
- 2,126 views
Water and gasoline are both clear liquids at room temperature. Describe one physical property and one chemical property that might be used to distinguish between them. Plz help physical:smell chemical: pH value What about density? The density of water is
- asked by Pam
- 4,153 views
Social Studies 2
How is acting like water an example of following the teachings of Daoism? A. because although water is clear, it can be colored different colors B. because over time, water is stronger than rock C. because water is found all over the earth D. because water
- asked by Hi Sisters
- 3,603 views
Elisa adds blue food coloring to a beaker full of water. She watches as the food coloring slowly disperses throughout the water. Soon, it is evenly spread out, and the liquid in the beaker looks blue. Which statement describes what is happening in this
- asked by NAV
- 265 views
Substances are classified as acidic, basic, or neutral. The pH scale can be used to classify a substance. Which feature suggests that a substance is basic?a The pH is 0. b plleeaasseee heelllpp The pH is 7. c The pH is less than 7. d The pH is greater than
- asked by chewwwwyyyyyy
- 1,572 views
CHemistry....Please double check DrBobb
What mass of ethylene glycol C2H6O2, the main component of antifreeze, must be added to 10.0 L water to produce a solution for use in a car's radiator that freezes at -23C? Assume density for water is exactly 1g/mL. First we find out the freezing point:
- asked by Saira
- 5,008 views
Chemistry of Life
Which statement is true about water molecules? The oxygen atom has a negative charge. The hydrogen atoms do not share electrons. Water molecules move randomly around each other. Water molecules cannot dissolve many substances. Question 2. How does water
- asked by Sara
- 2,213 views
math Please help!!
1. which property is shown by 6 + 9 = 9 + 6 A) Commutative property of addition B) Distributiove property C) Identity property of addition D) Associative property of addition 2. Which symbol will make /-8/ ? 8 true? A) > B) < C) = D) inequality
- asked by lindacampoalegre2
- 5,807 views
Which of the following statements are true regarding suction filtration? (select all that apply) a) Product should always be rinsed with cold water b) The filter flask can be held in place with your hand c) When filtering is complete you should remove the
- asked by Rachel
- 1,459 views
19. Which set of numbers are ordered from least to greatest? a. 5, -5, |-2|, 3, -|2| b. -5, -|2|, |-2|, 3, 5 c. 5, 3, |-2|, -|2|, -5 d. -|2|, |-2|, 3, -5, 5 18. What is the solution to 9/-7 = 6? a. q = -42 b. q = -13 c. q = 13 d. q = 42 17. What is the
- asked by kate
- 2,393 views
Which of the following is not true about water molecules? a. Water molecules are polar b. Water molecules form hydrogen bonds c. Water molecules form ionic bonds *** d. Water is an effective solvent
- asked by Anonymous
- 5,839 views
Benzyl alcohol is not a good sovent with which to crystallize fluorenol. The melting point looks okay so I'm assuming that polarity is the problem. Benzyl alcohol looks polar to me because it has an OH but it is only partly soluble in water. Couldn't find
- asked by Sheryl
- 3,656 views
The Water Cycle Quick Check Answers!
Here are the answers for The Water Cycle Quick Check. I can assure you that these answers are correct. Keep in mind that sometimes, the orders of the questions change. An X will be by the correct answer each question! Which term is used to describe the
- asked by Alex
- 3,551 views
1. Which of the following is an example of matter? (1 point) leaves shadows light from the sun sound 2. Which of the following is an example of a chemical property of matter? (1 point) ability to melt ability to freeze ability to react ability to break 3.
- asked by Jenna
- 17,974 views
Which of the following statements is true? 1.Both unicellular and multicellular organisms are at risk of having too much water entering their cells if they are exposed to water containing no salts. 2.Only multicellular organisms have structures that enable
- asked by Cassie
- 5,361 views
Algebra (check answers)
1. For the equation 17h+6=40, select the appropriate property of equality to move the constant term to the right side of the equation. A. Multiplication Property of Equality B. Addition Property of Equality***** C.Subtraction Property of Equality D.
- asked by Connor
- 4,541 views
1. a stream of water will bend toward a balloon that has been rubbed on a sweater to generate static charge. Which property of water is responsible for this behavior? A. THE polarity of the water molecule b. the ability of water to form hydrogen bonds with
- asked by oto
- 2,179 views