12. Find the volume of the cylinder in terms of pi. The diagrams are not drawn to scale. h=8 in. and r=4 in.
~256 pi in.3
~128 pi in.3 *****
~64 pi in.3
~32 pi in.3
14. What is the volume of the composite space figure to the nearest whole number? The figure is not drawn to scale. 3cm,8cm,2cm,5cm,6cm
~60 cm3 *****
17. A rectangular pyramid fits exactly on top of a rectangular prism. The prism has a length of 15 cm, a width of 5cm, and a height of 7cm. The pyramid has a height of 13cm. Find the volume of the composite space figure.
~975 cm3 *****
18. Radius of 60 m
~3,600 pi m2 *****
~7,200 pi m2
~10,800 pi m2
~14,400 pi m2
19.A spherical balloon has a circumference of 19cm. What is the approximate surface area of the balloon to the nearest sqaure centimeter?
~460 cm2 ****
20. What is the volume of the sphere? Round the answer to the nearest cubic unit. 16cm
~536 cm3 *******
21. The volume of a sphere is 3,000 pi m3. What is the surface area of the sphere to the nearest square meter?
~1,079 m2 ******
24. What is the scale factor of a cube with volume 343 ft.3 to a cube with volume 2,744 ft.3?
28. Concrete can be purchased by the cubic yard. How much will it cost to pour a slab 15 feet by 15 feet by 3 inches for a patio if the concrete costs $46.00 per cubic yard?
30. What is the volume of a square pyramid with base edges of 40 cm and a slant height of 25 cm?
~533.3 cm3 *****
31. What is the slant height of the cone to the nearest whole number? The figure is not drawn to scale. 17m, 9m
~13,824 cm3 ******
32. What is the maximum volume of a square pyramid that can fit inside a cube with a side length of 24 cm?
~2,304 cm3 ******
need someone to check my answers and to help me if they are wrong
14. can't tell what shape you have
18. correct, if I assume you are finding area. Did not say
20. is 16 the radius or the diameter? Either way your answer does not match
24. NO, the ratio of sides of similar solids equals the ration of the cube root of their volumes
31. no figure, can't tell
Wow, looks like some serious study ahead and learning
Answer this Question
The surface area S of a cylinder is given by the formula S = 2 π rh + 2 πr Write the fomula for S in terms of the radius if the height of the cylinder is S more than 3 times its radius. Use the symbol for pi (distribute out and write answer as an
- asked by emily
- 2,043 views
Mulitple choice: why is it uncommon to draw lewis diagrams for ionic compounds? A.) Lewis diagrams can only illustrate covalent bonding B.) ionic compounds cannot be represented by Lewis diagrams C.) ionic compounds involve electron transfer not electron
- asked by Anonymous
- 2,557 views
1. Multiple choice: why is it uncommon to draw lewis diagrams for ionic compounds? A.) Lewis diagrams can only illustrate covalent bonding B.) ionic compounds cannot be represented by Lewis diagrams C.) ionic compounds involve electron transfer not
- asked by Anonymous
- 569 views
What is the mass of a cylinder of lead that is 2.50 cm in diameter and 5.50 cm long. The density of lead is 11.4 g/mL. Find the volume of the cylinder.
- asked by Eliza
- 7,339 views
5. Find the surface area of the cylinder to the nearest whole number. (1 point)1,659 in.2 898 in.2 5,862 in.2 2,959 in.2 6. Find the surface area of the pyramid shown to the nearest whole number. (1 point)1,540 m2 770 m2 396 m2 749 m2 7. Find the surface
- asked by Anonymous
- 8,196 views
When the height of a cylinder is 12 cm and the radius is 4 cm, the circumference of the cylinder is increasing at a rate of pie/4 cm/m in, and the height of the cylinder is increasing four times faster than the radius. How fast is the volume of the
- asked by marrisa smith
- 10,321 views
The height of a cylinder is three times its radius. Find a function that models the volume V of the cylinder in terms of its radius r.
- asked by monic
- 2,242 views
Which of these diagrams may possibly correspond to the situation at point B on the motion diagram? Type, in increasing order, the numbers corresponding to the correct diagrams. Do not use commas. For instance, if you think that only diagrams 3 and 4 are
- asked by padi
- 3,135 views
Titanium is used in airplane bodies because it is strong and light. It has a density of 4.55 g/cm^3. If a cylinder of titanium is 7.75 cm long and has a mass of 153.2 g, calculate the diameter of the cylinder. (V=pi*r^2*h, where V is the volume of the
- asked by Maria
- 2,134 views
A cylinder with a movable piston contains 2.00g of helium, He, at room temperature. More helium was added to the cylinder and the volume was adjusted so that the gas pressure remained the same. How many grams of helium were added to the cylinder if the
- asked by K
- 4,755 views
This diagram shows a solid metal cylinder. The cylinder hasbase radius 2x and height 9x. The cylinder is melted down and made into a sphere of radius r Find an expression for in terms of x
- asked by Alex
- 3,092 views
A solid is formed by adjoining two hemispheres to the ends of a right circular cylinder. The total volume of the solid is 2 cubic centimeters. Find the radius of the cylinder that produces the minimum surface area. (Round your answer to three decimal
- asked by Ashley
- 6,092 views
Someone help The question is to find the volume of the cylinder in terms of pi. The formula for Volume is V=pi*R^2*H right? radius is 3.4m and the height is 11m So i got 399... around but none of those are the answer choices i know when questions ask in
- asked by Sawako
- 3,132 views
The height of a cylinder with a fixed radius of 4 cm is increasing at the rate of 2 cm/min. Find the rate of change of the volume of the cylinder (with respect to time) when the height is 14cm.
- asked by emma
- 4,130 views
Find the moment of inertia of a right circular cylinder of radius of base R and height H, about the axis of the cylinder, if the density at the point P is proportional to the distance from P to the axis of the cylinder. Write down the resultin terms of the
- asked by C
- 1,204 views
a graduated cylinder is filled with water to a level of 40.0 mL. when a piece of copper is lowered into the cylinder, the water rises to 63.4 mL. find the volume of the copper sample.
- asked by 132
- 1,286 views
A 100 w lightbulb is place in a cylinder equipped with a moveable piston. The ligshtbulb is turned on for 0.015 hours, and the assembly expands from initial volume of 0.85 L to a final volume of 5.88 L against an external pressure of 1.0 atm. Use the
- asked by Ebimobowei
- 3,806 views
A 3.31-g sample of lead nitrate, , molar mass = 331 g/mol, is heated in an evacuated cylinder with a volume of 2.37 L. The salt decomposes when heated, according to the equation: Assuming complete decomposition, what is the pressure in the cylinder after
- asked by Kiro
- 397 views
1. Find the volume of the given cylinder. Use 3.14 for pi and round to the nearest tenth. Answer: 1607.7 2. Find the volume of a rectangular prism with the following: Length 5, Width 7, Height 3. Answer: 105 3. Find the volume of the the given pyramid.( 7,
- asked by Tamaki Amajiki
- 1,601 views
The volume of a cylinder with a radius of 2 feet and a height of 4 feet is 50.2 feet^3. The volume of a cylinder with a radius of 4 feet and a height of 8 feet is 401.9 feet^3. The volume of a cylinder with a radius of 6 feet and a height of 12 feet is
- asked by Johnny
- 1,099 views