1. In an experiment, a man drank a litre of water, his urine output increases so that after hours he had eliminated the extra water. When he drank a litre of 0.9% of sodium chloride (common salt), there was little or no increase in his urine production. Explain the difference in this result.
2. when a dog is hurt. It hangs out it tongue and pants. why should this have a cooling effect
3. In the artificial kidney, a patient's blood is circulated through dialyses tubling immersed in a warm solution of sugar and salt. Explain how this result in the elimination from his blood of Nitrogenous waste without loss of essential glucose and salt.
4. Why is a person whose heart valves is damaged by disease unable to participate in active sport?
5. In an actively photosynthesing cell, the sugars being formed are quickly converted to starch. What is the Biological advantage of this in term of osmosis.
Answer this Question
A pump is required to lift a mass of 750kg of water per minute from a well of depth 13.2m and eject it with a speed of 17.4m/s. A) How much work is done per minute in lifting the water? B) How much in giving the water the kinetic energy it has when
- asked by Garrett
- 5,621 views
2. A group of students conduct an experiment to study Newton’s Second law of motion. They applied force to a toy car to measure the acceleration. The table shows the results. Force: 2.0 Acceleration: 5.0 Force: 3.0. Acceleration: 7.5 Force: 6.0.
- asked by John
- 1,625 views
I am wondering if i am right In diez in the desert how did diez almost die in the desert Diez drank another mans urine Diez attempted to break open a saguaro Diez was severely dehydrated *** Diez smoked too many cigarettes
- asked by Reg
- 3,264 views
Shortly before the Russian Revolution, an eccentric man named Rasputin became ______as the "mad monk." Because he dressed like a peasant, drank heavily, and rarely bathed, the nobility often felt ____during their encounters” with him at the palace. Yet
- asked by brad
- 11,588 views
A pump lifts 200kg of water per hour a height of 6.0m . Part A What is the minimum necessary power output rating of the water pump in watts? Part B What is the minimum necessary power output rating of the water pump in horsepower?
- asked by HELP
- 3,326 views
Identify the correct sentence. A. The rescuers spotted the drowning man in the helicopter struggling to keep his head above water. B. Struggling to keep his head above water in the helicopter, the rescuers spotted the drowning man. C. In the helicopter,
- asked by Angela
- 4,766 views
When the pH of the extracellular fluid declines: 1 the kidneys excrete more sodium ions. 2 the kidneys excrete more bicarbonate ions. 3 the kidneys reabsorb more potassium ions. 4 the kidneys reabsorb less water. 5 the pH of the urine increases.
- asked by Ali
- 3,458 views
1)which phrase best defines eutrophication -a treatment that reduces pollution -a lack of oxygen in a body of water -an overgrowth of microorganisms -an overabundance if nutrients 2)which statement about water remediation and stopping overproduction of
- asked by nyla
- 4,215 views
A cuboid of base 12.5cm by 20cm holds exactly 1 litre of water. What is the height of the cuboid?
- asked by FBI
- 763 views
Use the scenario to answer the question. A student is studying the effect of fertilizer on fruit growth. He uses 6 tomato plants, placing each in a garden where they get equal amounts of sun and water. One plant is given no fertilizer, while the other 5
- asked by reeee
- 7,213 views
At a factory workers are draining a large vat containing water. The water is being drained at a constant rate. The table below shows the amount of water in the vat after different amounts of time. Time (minutes) 15 20 25 30 Water (liters) 620 560 500 440
- asked by ben
- 1,580 views
1) a water balloon is thrown toward a target at 18 m/s. If the water balloon has a mass of 0.4 kg, what is its momentum? A) 7.2 kg • m/s B) 18.4 kg • m/s C) 45 kg • m/s D) 7.2 kg • m 2) what is the momentum of a car with a mass of 2,000 kg moving
- asked by I need help fast
- 899 views
Tomato Plant Growth Marissa wanted to see how the amount of water given to tomato plants affected their growth. She had six tomato plants that she split into two groups of three. She watered each plant in group 1 with 300ml of distilled water per day.
- asked by ;>
- 1,337 views
Hg2+ + 2Cl- → HgCl Mercuric nitrate was standardized by titrating a solution containing 147.6 mg of NaCl(FM 58.44), which required 28.06 ml of Hg(No3)2 solution. Part a: Find the molarity of Hg(No3)2. I already calculated the molarity to be 0.04500 M
- asked by Asuna
- 2,662 views
Martin tracked the amount of water he drank for an entire week. The bar graph shown here displays the information about his water consumption. What is the median of the daily data? A) 18 B) 16 C) 14 D) 12
- asked by MapleSyrup
- 1,263 views
A kayaker paddles with a power output of 50.0 W to maintain a steady speed of 1.30 m/s. Calculate the resistive force exerted by the water on the kayak. If the kayaker doubles her power output, and the resistive force due to the water remains the same, by
- asked by Tim
- 2,469 views
1. The ? is the part of an experiment that is not being tested and is used for comparison. (7 words) 2. The ? describes the steps you use during an experiment. (9 words) 3. After an experiment, scientists write a ? which summarizes their experiment and
- asked by Happyface
- 4,964 views
1. Which of the following is a biotic factor that might affect the life of a water-dwelling organism? A. Temperature of the water B. Speed of water current C. Pollutions in water D. Bacterial population in water My guess: D? 2. Which of the following
- asked by Anonymous
- 4,050 views
general chemistry I
Calculate the percentage error arising in an experiment if 1-mL, 5-mL, and 10-mL pipets are used for transfer and each pipet contains 5 drops of water adhering to the inside of the barrel. A single drop of water has an approximate volume of 0.05 mL.
- asked by Anonymous
- 2,882 views
Nancy drank 6 cups of coffee. What proportion of students drank FEWER cups of coffee than Nancy?
- asked by Anonymous
- 503 views