A. A scientific theory describes a pattern of observations, while a scientific law is an educated guess based on observation.
B. A scientific theory is based on a few experiments, while a scientific law is based on many experiments.
C. A scientific theory is an explanation that best fits a pattern of observations, while a scientific law is an accepted statement that describes a consistently observed pattern.***
D.A scientific theory is a law of nature and does not change, while a scientific law is modified when new evidence is found.
I think c is it correct?
Go away, Mr. Flitcher
Which theory of migration states that people sailed down the West coast of North America to make settlements? A) European Migration theory B) Northern Asia Coastal theory C) Bering Land Bridge theory D) Polynesian theory
Which of the following is a valid reason why a scientist might reject a scientific theory? A. Some people disagree with it. B. It covers too broad a topic. C. New evidence contradicts it. D. It is too old. Is the answer C?
1. What are the steps to solve this problem? 0.000027 ÷ 0.000009 Requirements: • Explain how to use scientific notation to solve the problem. • Describe how to divide numbers written in scientific notation. • Give you final answer in simplest form.
CHECK MY ANSWER PLEASE!? 6. Based upon the 2010 census data, the total population of the us is 308,745,538 people. Approximately, what is this population in scientific notation? A. 3.1 x 10^8** B. 3.1 x 10^7 C. 3.1 x 10^-8 D. 31 x 10^7 7. What is the
1. What is the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law? A) A scientific theory describes a pattern of observations, while a scientific law is an educated guess based on observation. B) A scientific theory is based on a few experiments,
Which statement best explains why the Big Bang Theory is the leading scientific explanation of the development of the universe over time? Its experiments reject all old theories on the origin of the universe. Its experiments yield different results every
Which of the following best describes a scientific theory? A.A scientific theory is a rule of nature that can never be changed. B.A scientific theory is an educatrd guess about the possible results of an experiment. C.A scientific theory is a description
. what are the steps to solve this problem? 0.000027/0.000009 requirements: explain how to use scientific notation to solve the problem describe how to divide written in scientific notation give your final answer in simplest form.
HELP ME!!! One of your friends missed the class on scientific notation. Describe how you would explain to your friend what it means for a number to be in scientific notation and how to convert a number from standard form to scientific notation.
Which of the following is stressed by the APA professional code? A. high levels of competence, integrity, and responsibility B. use of the scientific method in testing hypotheses C. application of scientific research methods to the study of human and
Which statement best describes why the steady state theory cannot explain the radiation detected in space? (1 point) The theory is based on the idea that galaxies and stars are continuously replaced; therefore, facts about radiations would not be included
Which of the following statements is true about scientific theories? A. Scientific theories become scientific laws. B. Scientific theories are never proven. C. Scientific theories become hypotheses. D. Scientific theories summarize patterns found in
1. Which of the following expressions is written in scientific notation? 1. 73.4 x 105 2. 0.09 × 107 3. 80 x 103 4. 4.22 x 10–3 2. Which of the following is 0.0000000708 written in scientific notation? 1. 7.08 x 10–8 2. 7.8 x 10–8 3. 708 x 10–10
Which of the following statements is true about scientific inquiry? A. All scientists use the same method of scientific inquiry. B. Scientific inquiry includes one scientific method. C. Scientific inquiry is an ongoing and repetitive process. D. Scientists
1. What are the steps to solve this problem? 0.000027 ÷ 0.000009 • Explain how to use scientific notation to solve the problem. • Describe how to divide numbers written in scientific notation. • Give you final answer in simplest form. (5 points) I
1. Thomas Hobbes and John Locke were European philosophers who influenced American founding documents with which theory? A. social contract theory B. divine right of kings theory C. no taxation without representation theory D. equal pay for equal work
Which best describes Francis Bacon’s contribution to the Scientific Revolution? Francis Bacon performed human dissections and published a book filled with detailed drawings of human organs, bones, and muscles. Francis Bacon paved the way for the
Explain what the difference is between a scientific law and a scientific theory. My answer: A scientific theory predicts why something might happen and when more information goes into the theory it can better predict. But a law is something that no matter
1. a stream of water will bend toward a balloon that has been rubbed on a sweater to generate static charge. Which property of water is responsible for this behavior? A. THE polarity of the water molecule b. the ability of water to form hydrogen bonds with
1 Which of the following is NOT one of the three fundamental features of science? a empirical questions b public knowledge c mathematical equations (My Answer) d systematic empiricism 2 A set of beliefs can be said to be pseudoscientific if it lacks one or
You can ask a new question or browse existing questions.