Determine whether each of the following statement is true (i.e., always true) or false (i.e., not always true).
1. Let X be a random variable that takes values between 0 and c only, for some c≥0, so that P(0≤X≤c)=1. Then, var(X)≤c2/4. TRUE
2. X and Y are continuous random variables. If X∼N(μ,σ2) (i.e., normal with mean μ and variance σ2), Y=aX+b, and a>0, then Y∼N(aμ+b,aσ2). FALSE
3. The expected value of a non-negative continuous random variable X, which is defined by E[X]=∫∞0xfX(x)dx, also satisfies E[X]=∫∞0P(X>t)dt. TRUE
Answered in full...
Answer this Question
1. Health related factors refer to coordination, agility, power, speed, balance, and reaction time. (1 point) * True (1 point) * False (0 points) 2. There are some aspects of fitness that we have little or no control over. (1 point) * True (0 points) *
Health--Check my answers
1. The best way to describe fitness is: being slim and low in body fat being big, strong, and “buffed” being flexible and having a sense of overall well-being *** all of the above 2. The best way to describe wellness is: making positive choices ***
Question 1 of 3 Select the boxes in the table to show whether each statement about prehistoric hunter-gatherers is true or false. True False were nomadic built permanent dwellings irrigated and farmed the land developed the use of fire
2:Which of the following would a scientist studying fossils be most likely to examine? A. a skull fragment B. a piece of pottery C. a cave painting D. a tool made of bone*** 1: Which of the following do scientists believe about Homo sapiens? A. They were
Health Check answers plz
Can someone check my answers? 1. Obesity is the condition of being significantly overweight. A. True**** B. False 2. Obesity is body weight that is normal for that particular age, sex and height. A. True B. False**** 3. The number of children in the United
Algebra Please Help ASAP
The assessment for this lesson is a discussion of a mathematical statement. You will have to determine if the statement is true or false. If it is false, you will explain your reasoning. You will also be asked to respond to at least two of your classmates.
Driver's licenses can not be suspended for more than 365 days. A) True. B) False. In 2002, two out of every three drivers under the age of 21, involved in a single vehicle crash, were killed at night. A) True. B) False.
1. The U.S. Constitution's Article I, Section 1 created the office for the U.S. president. A) True B) False 2. The term of office for a House member is two years. A) True B) False 3. Two requirements for members of the House are that they must be 25 years
Answers to the Inverse Relations and Functions Practice, cause I couldn't find it anywhere. 1. A relation is given in the table below. Write out the ordered pair for the inverse, and then determine is the inverse is a function. B) (0,1), (1,2), (0,3),
1. Air pollutants can do all of the following EXCEPT: A. damage the respiratory system. B. enter the bloodstream and harm other parts of the body. C. cause discoloration to your hair. D. reduce your protection from the sun's radiation.*** 2. True or False