- Biology PleaSE help!
Hello, this is my biology assignment. I filled the answer's but I just need your help to correct me if I'm wrong Thank you.
1) The discovery of restriction endonucleases was crucial to the development of recombinant DNA technology because these enzymes.
a) always cut DNA at either end of a gene
b) always cut DNA leaving unpaired lengths of bases that have a charge.
c) cut DNA at specific and predictable sequences of bases
d) tag DNA so that individual fragments can be identified
e) all cut DNA leaving sticky ends
My answer: b
2) The following are all steps in the production of a bacterium having recombinant DNA, which includes an inserted non bacterial gene. They are in random order.
1. gel electrophoresis of plasmid DNA from bacteria in colonies showing antibiotic resistance
2. sticky nds are allowed to pair up
3. a restriction endonuclease is used to remove the gene to be inserted from its source and also to cut open a plasmid that includes a gene for antibiotic resistance
4. the bacterial colonies are treated with antibiotic
5. treatment with ligase
The correct order of these steps is
MY ANSWER : b
3) When recombinant DNA is formed, it is necessary to join the sugar-phosphate backbones of the plasmid DNA and the introduced DNA. Which of the following is used to do this?
b) DNA polymerase
MY ANSWER: d
4) You are a geneticist who is interested in a particular gene on human chromosome number eight. You have used a restriction endonuclease to produce fragments of the chromosome and cloned each fragment in a different culture of bacteria. You now need to find out which culture contains the fragment with the gene of interest. You have available to you a single-stranded radioactive DNA probe complementary to the template strand of the gene. In what order would you perform the following for each of the bacterial colonies?
1. Allow annealing between the probe and the DNA from the bacteria to occur
2. Flood the culture with the DNA probe.
3. Separate the strands of double-stranded DNA from the bacteria using heat.
4. Break open the bacteria.
5. Prepare an autoradiograph
6. Wash away unannealed probes.
MY ANSWER: e
it is normal for folks to skip questions out of their field of expertise
Answer this Question
Is 9th grade biology hard? Is it interesting...?? I love life science but I just wondering if 9th grade biology hard??? I'm taking biology next year.
The mass of an empty flsk is 49.74 g. what is the mass of the flask filled with acetone ( d = 0.792 g/mL) if the same flask weighs 75.2 g. when filled with water?
Biology B U2 L5 Cell Work and Carbon Answers
Biology B U2 L5 Cell Work and Carbon Answers 1. Which are the reactants of photosynthesis? Answer - CO2 + H2O 2. One molecule of glucose can release a total of _____ molecules of ATP during its breakdown. Answer - 36 3. A scientist discovers a new plant.
In a class of 60 students,the number of students who passed biology is 6 more than the number who passed chemistry.Every student passed at least one of the two subjects and 8 students passed both subjects.How many students passed biology and chemistry.
1. Which of the following are used to support the theory of evolution? * 3 points Molecular similarities Homologous structures Fossil evidence i would so appreciate it if you'd answer this and possibly explain it to me. If you also have the rest of the
1.which resource provides instruction and practice related to the content in the online textbook? A. search feature B. PowerGeometry*** C. Reflection assignment D. answer key for practice exercises
Determine when the Hamilton method gives an Alabama paradox and who lost the representative. Increase the committee size by one seat at a time, starting from an 8-member committee. Given: City A, City B, and City C are cooperating to build a community
A school has 63 students studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 33 study Physics, 25 Chemistry and 26 Biology. 10 study Physics and Chemistry, 9 study Biology and Chemistry while 8 study both Physics and Biology. Equal numbers study all three subjects as
In a class of 80 students, 53 study Art, 60 study Biology, 36 study Art and Biology, 34 study Art and Chemistry, 6 study Biology only and 18 study Biology but not Chemistry. Illustrate the information on a Venn diagram. Determine the number of students who
A survey of 100 students produced the following statics: 32 study mathematics, 20 study physics, 45 study Biology, 15 study mathematics and biology, 7 study mathematics and physics, 10 study physics and Biology, 30 do not study any of the three subjects 1,